XANADU COASTAL CLEANUP
A Movement for Trash Free Seas
The ocean is a place of idyllic magnificence and beauty. We are amazed and inspired by the stunning diversity of life in the sea: playful dolphins, majestic whales, endangered sea turtles, and glimmering schools of fish.
It is our duty to preserve their wild and free existence by protecting them from the human threats that surround them including the abundance of single-use plastics that end up in our oceans. A healthy ocean means more than beautiful coasts and vibrant ocean wildlife; a healthy ocean supplies the air we breathe, the food we eat and the water we drink. If the ocean's health is jeopardized, than so are we.
That’s why Xanadu is creating a movement for our community to come together to take action in being responsible for what we put out. Let us pledge to be plastic-free to protect our beaches and protect our sea.
11:00am Cleanup Breakout Sesh.
12:30pm (Trash) Dump & Discuss.
Yoga Teacher & Guest Speakers TBA
Addy & Parking Info: TBA
To sponsor our cleanup email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your friends
- Yoga mat and/or beach towel
- Your own reusable bags (we will be providing some big burlap bags)
- Reusable gloves or pick-up tools (if you prefer not to get your paws dirty)
- Canteen (No plastic water bottles! We will have a H2O station & refreshments)
- Beach stuff: Hat, Sunnies, Sunblock, bikini/trunks, towel, games, snacks, chairs, umbrella, etc.
- Cash for donation jar to keep these events going!
Please NO plastic disposable gloves, plastic bags, or plastic water bottles!!!#PlasticFreeSeas
#TheXanaduLife / #XanaduCoastalCleanup / #PlasticFreeSeas / @TheXanaduLife